Developers have the option to use Ektron's standard functionality and out-of-the-box server controls to create an eCommerce website. See eCommerce Server Controls for more information.
Ektron also provides the ability to customize an eCommerce web site by creating a process workflow tailored to fit company specifications.
For more information on customizing eCommerce click here.
This article provides a sample on how to create a custom order process workflow.
Custom Workflow Sample Code
* Note - this code sample was built in Visual Studio 2012 using 9.1 SP2 references.
To use this sample code:
- Unzip the contents of the file to a desired location
- Open the Solution File in Visual Studio
- On the Visual Studio tool bar click the Build dropdown and click Build Solution
- In File Explorer navigate to the sample project's folder - OrderingSequentialFlow > bin > Debug
- Copy the OrderingSequentialFlow.dll and place the dll in the bin folder of the Ektron site C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Site Name\bin
- Navigate to Order Workflow settings in the CMS Workarea- Settings tab > Commerce > Fulfillment > Order Workflow
- Click the dropdown for the Available Workflows and select OrderingSequentialFlow option.
- Click Action and Save ('Workflow has been saved' should appear)