The Snapchat Audience Sync integration allows you to sync customer data from Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) to your Snapchat ad account for more precise campaign targeting.
Enable the integration in ODP
To enable the Snapchat Audience Sync integration in ODP:
- Go to the App Directory.
- Select the Snapchat Audience Sync app.
- Click Install App.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click Authorize. ODP redirects you to the Snapchat login page. Enter the credentials for your Snapchat ad account.
- Click Continue to approve ODP's access to your ad account. This should redirect you back to ODP.
- Enter your Snapchat Ad Account ID and click Verify.
Configure the data sync
Create a campaign
- Go to Activation > Engage.
- Click Create New Campaign.
- To sync your customer data once, click One-Time. To set up an automated, recurring sync, click Behavioral.
- Click Create From Scratch.
- Enter a name for your campaign that represents the data you are syncing to Snapchat (for example, Purchased 90 Days Ago).
- Select your desired segment and click Apply or click Create New Segment, select your desired segment conditions, and click Save.
- Expand Enrollment Rules and toggle the must not have matched this campaign in the last 7 days setting off.
This should not affect a one-time campaign, but turning this setting off ensures you will not have any issues if you rerun this campaign.
Add a touchpoint
- Within your campaign, expand Touchpoints.
- Click to edit Touchpoint 1 and select Snapchat Audience Sync.
- In the Configure section, expand the Snapchat Segment drop-down list and select the Snapchat audience to which your ODP segment data will be sent.
If you want to create a new Snapchat customer list:
- Expand the Snapchat Segment drop-down list and select New Segment.
- Enter the desired Segment Name, Segment Description, and Retention.
This creates an empty audience in your Snapchat Ads manager to which your ODP list will be sent.
- Expand the Targeting section, expand the Target Identifier drop-down list, and select Last Seen Email for matching in Snapchat Ads.
- Click Save and then click your campaign name in the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page.
- Click Select start time and schedule.
- For a recurring sync (behavioral campaign), select Recurring and set your desired Start Date and Timing.
End defaults to Never. If you want to end the Snapchat integration on a specific date, set that here. Ensure that Repeats is set to Daily, Repeat Every is set to 1 day, and Delivery Strategy is set to Send all at scheduled time. Click Apply.
- For a one-time sync (one-time campaign), enter the Send Date and Send Time.
Ensure that Delivery Strategy is set to Send all at scheduled time. Click Apply.
- Click Save and then click Go Live. Your sync starts at your designated start date/time.