Import your mParticle audiences into Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) and use them in the ODP Real-Time Segments builder. You can then use your ODP real-time segments in other Optimizely products, including Optimizely Web Experimentation, Optimizely Feature Experimentation, and Optimizely Content Management System.
Enable the integration in ODP
To enable the mParticle Segment Sync integration in ODP:
- Go to the App Directory.
- Select the mParticle Segment Sync app.
- Click Install App.
Now the mParicle Segment Sync app is enabled. There are no settings to configure on the Settings tab.
Complete the mParticle Audience Output setup
To complete the integration setup, you need to copy your API key from ODP and use it to complete the Audience Output setup in mParticle.
- In ODP, go to Account Settings > APIs > Public.
- Copy your public API key from the Key field.
- Navigate to your mParticle account.
- Click Directory.
- Search for "Optimizely" and click Optimizely New.
- Use your ODP API key to complete the Audience Output setup in mParticle.
Connect mParticle audiences to ODP
Now that you have enabled and configured the mParticle Segment Sync app, choose your mParticle audiences that you want to sync to ODP:
- In mParticle, go to Audiences to select the audience you want to sync to ODP.
- Select the audience and click Connect.
Ensure your audience is activated.
- Click Connect Output and select the Audience Output you configured above.
- Select your configuration from the dropdown list and input the name of the mParticle user ID you want to sync from mParticle to ODP. This is the identifier that represents audience members across ODP and mParticle.
If you are integrating ODP with Optimizely Web Experimentation, make sure you choose an ID that is available in-browser.
- Click Add Connection.
Your mParticle audience is now connected to ODP. If you are syncing a large audience, the initial import will take some time. Once that is done, the integration updates mParticle and ODP in real-time.