Connect your Zeotap Symphony workflows to Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) for audience targeting in Optimizely Web Experimentation and Optimizely Feature Experimentation.
- Zeotap customer data platform (CDP) account with access to Symphony
- Optimizely Web Experimentation or Optimizely Feature Experimentation account
- Configure Optimizely Data Platform Audience Targeting in Optimizely Web Experimentation or Optimizely Feature Experimentation.
- Optimizely Web Experimentation – Configure Optimizely Data Platform Audience Targeting (beta)
- Optimizely Feature Experimentation – Advanced Audience Targeting with Optimizely Data Platform (ODP)
- Map the same Visitor ID you use in your Optimizely Web Experimentation or Optimizely Feature Experimentation account to the Optimizely ID field in Zeotap.
If this is not possible, contact Optimizely support.
After you configure the Zeotap Segment Sync integration in ODP:
- You can select Optimizely as a Zeotap Symphony destination.
- Zeotap Symphony workflows automatically create real-time segments in ODP where audience members are represented as the identifier mapped to the Optimizely ID field in Zeotap. You can then build audiences in Optimizely Web Experimentation or Optimizely Feature Experimentation using these Zeotap real-time segments.
Enable the integration
- In ODP, go to the App Directory.
- Select the Zeotap Segment Sync app.
- Click Install App.
- On the Settings tab, click Get Token and copy the token that displays.
Add token in Zeotap
- In Zeotap, go to Destinations and select Optimizely.
- Enter Optimizely for the Destination Name.
- Paste your token from ODP in the Access Token field.
- Click Save Destination.
Set up Symphony workflow
This integration creates a real-time segment in ODP for each workflow in Zeotap where you select Optimizely as a destination. Repeat the steps below for each Zeotap audience that you want to send to ODP as a real-time segment.
- In Zeotap, go to Symphony > Create Workflow.
- Enter your desired workflow name.
- Click Add Entry Condition, configure the condition, and click Add Condition.
- On that condition, expand the actions drop-down list and select Send to Destinations.
- Select Optimizely.
- From the Subscription Type drop-down list, select subscribe.
To remove visitors from your Optimizely audience, select unsubscribe.
- Expand the Audience drop-down list and select Create New Segment (or select a segment that the integration already created).
- If you create a new segment, enter the Audience Name and Audience Description.
This is the name assigned to your real-time segment in ODP, with Zeotap appended to the beginning. For example, Zeotap - Audience Name.
- Click Save Destination.
Use your Zeotap audiences in Optimizely Experimentation
To access your Zeotap audience in Optimizely Web Experimentation or Optimizely Feature Experimentation:
- Go to the Audiences page.
- Edit an audience or click Create New Audience.
- Expand Optimizely Data Platform Audience Targeting, then drag and drop the Custom Segments condition into the Audience Conditions section.
- Expand the Custom Segments drop-down list and select the audience you connected from Zeotap.
- Click Save Audience.
Now you can add this audience to an experiment.