Understanding your campaign performance helps you to plan future customer engagement.
Measure a single campaign
Each campaign has an individual card with its overall performance on the Activation > Engage page. The card includes identifiable information like the campaign's name (1), segment (2), and status (3).
Click the card of a previously active campaign to access the performance information of the campaign's touchpoints.
Measure campaign touchpoints
Once you click into a campaign that is currently active, paused, or completed, you can see each touchpoint with the same metrics shown at the campaign level. Click into a touchpoint to learn more about these metrics in the touchpoint summary reports.
Single touchpoint example
A newsletter campaign has a single touchpoint. The touchpoint metrics are the same as the campaign metrics on the campaign list page. One hundred sends of one touchpoint equals one hundred sends in the campaign.
A cart abandonment campaign has two email touchpoints with each of those touchpoint metrics calculated separately.
- If 10 customers received the first touchpoint and 5 customers opened the email, the touchpoint has an open rate of 50%.
- If 5 customers received the second touchpoint and 1 customer opened the email, the second touchpoint has an open rate of 20%.
Calculating the campaign-level metrics aggregates the two touchpoints. In this case, there are 15 total send and 6 total opens across both touchpoints, giving a campaign-level open rate of 40%.
If there are multiple touchpoints, some customers might be between touchpoints. You can view the metrics associated with these customers by clicking the customer icon between any two touchpoints. This card shows the number of customers for the following parameters:
- Waiting – Received the previous touchpoint but are still waiting to receive the next touchpoint.
- Exited – Exited the campaign series by matching the exit criteria.
- Timed Out – Not reachable after waiting the amount of time set for the unreachable exit criteria.
Reprioritized – Removed from the campaign because they qualified for and started receiving a higher priority campaign.
This only displays for campaigns within a prioritized campaign group.