The Translation Dictionary manages single-word or short phrase translations for globally-shared objects across the website, such as attributes and units of measure.
Configured Commerce does not auto-populate translation records. The system creates blank records for you to fill in manually or through import/export.
The Translation Dictionary provides the following search filters:
- Language – Any available language on the website.
- Source – The type of object or where the object is sourced from: Attribute, Attribute Value, Label, Setting, Style Trait, Style Trait Value, and Unit of Measure.
- Keyword – The display name of the object.
- Translation – The translated text displayed when a user changes the website language.
To show only records where translations are needed, click the Only Show Missing Translations toggle.
Translate dictionary records
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > Translation Dictionary.
- Click More Options to generate any missing records.
- Locate the desired record and click Edit.
- Enter the translation for the record.
- Click Save.