More often than not, your enterprise resource management (ERP) system will already have pre-configured kits and bundles; but, for example, there may be occasions where it is necessary to do a permanent or temporary configuration for a monthly promotion. The steps below describe how to create a selectable kit and bundle:
While these do appear on the website, orders with these configurations can be saved, but CANNOT be added to a Wishlist.
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products.
- Click Add New Product to create a new parent product which will serve as the container for the bundled items.
- Click Save to save the new parent product.
- Click the Configuration finger tab.
- At the top of the page, select the Standard radio button.
- Click Add Configuration Section.
- Enter the Section Name
The Section Name should reflect the types of products the customer will be choosing
- Enter the Sort Order
- Click Save
- Click the Options finger tab, and click Add Configuration Section Options.
- Select the Product Id from the field
- Determine if the Product Price will be used to calculate the Configuration Price.
- Enter the Sort Order and click Save.
- Repeat steps 8-11 for each product to add to the Section.
- Once the section has all the products added, go back to the Configuration tab and enter another section.
- Repeat Steps 6-13 to add additional sections and products to the selection
You must add the product to a category that exists on the website, and rebuild the product and category search index before the configured product will be available on the website.