This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Optimizely.
A warehouse is the physical inventory location with an address from where product items are shipped or picked up by customers. As an e-commerce manager in an organization with many fulfillment centers, you can define and manage physical store locations, multiple stock locations, stock figures for a product variant (SKU) by warehouse, and total product availability among warehouses.
Warehouses can be set up differently, and are often integrated with external systems. You can check in-store stock, reserve and pick up in-store, and deliver to store. By default in Optimizely Customized Commerce, you specify the warehouse where the item is being stored when you create a product variant.
Creating and editing warehouses
- Open the Administration view and select Warehouses.
- In the Manage Warehouses overview, click Create to add a new warehouse, or select Edit in the context menu to modify an existing one.
- Enter information for the Overview tab.
- Name. Enter the name of the warehouse.
- Code. Enter the location code for the warehouse.
- Sort Order. Sort order for the category entry.
- Available. Select Yes to make the warehouse available; otherwise No.
- Is Primary. Select Yes to make this a primary warehouse; otherwise No.
- Is Fulfillment Center. Select Yes to make this a fulfillment center where you can place orders for outgoing shipments; otherwise No.
- Is Pickup Location. Select Yes to make this a pickup location where you can place orders for in-store pickups; otherwise No.
- Is Delivery Location. Select Yes to make this a delivery location that you can use for future in-store pickups; otherwise No.
- Enter information in the Address tab.
- Click Save.
Deleting a warehouse
In the Manage Warehouses overview, select Delete in the context menu for the warehouse you want to delete. Click OK to confirm.