Content can be pages and blocks in Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) or product content from the catalog on an Optimizely Customized Commerce site. Content can also be assets such as images and videos or documents in Word or PDF format. CMS has sophisticated version management features, allowing multiple editors to work with draft versions before approving and publishing the content.
Content on a website can originate from different sources, depending on where on the site and by whom it was created.
- Editors, marketers, or merchandisers can create content internally on an ecommerce website.
- A visitor community member can create content externally through interactive social features on the website if these are available.
Manage content tasks:
- Find content
- Preview content
- Delete and restore content
- Translate content
- Personalize content
- Publish versions of content
- Compare versions of content
- Collaborate among editors
- Approve content
- Approve changes
- Control the publishing process
- Set access rights from Edit view
- Structure the website
You can preview draft content before publishing to verify the content before publishing. When working with personalization, you can preview content and how it displays for different visitor groups. To further limit access to content that is work-in-progress, you can also set access rights for content from the edit view.
Suppose you have content in multiple languages on your website. In that case, CMS has advanced features for managing content translation into additional languages, including the use of fallback and replacement languages.
Optimizely Customized Commerce-related content
See Manage e-commerce-related content if you have Optimizely Customized Commerce installed.
Optimizing content to improve search
See Work with content to optimize search if you have Optimizely Search & Navigation installed.