Filters allow you to find specific products that require your attention in Optimizely Product Information Management (PIM). Use filters to narrow your product list to a manageable group of products you want to focus on at that time. If you find yourself reusing a filter, you can save that filter as a collection for easy access. Collections can be global or private, and the products in a collection dynamically change as more products are imported that meet the filter logic.
Filters and collections are internal to the PIM - they are meant for your team's organizational purposes. They cannot be seen by your customers.
You can pin commonly used collections to add them to the dashboard collections widget and the product list collections section. The dashboard collection widget lets you jump to the product list filtered for the selected collection. The product list collections section lets you quickly toggle collection filters with one click on the product list.
Multiple collections can be used together if the filters do not conflict. You can create collections for things like product statuses used with other collections to find specific products. For example, you may use a generic collection for products that are Ready for approval along with collections for products assigned to specific templates to review and approve specific types of products.
Members of Carrie's team each manage different sets of products, based on their responsibilities at their company. Carrie is primarily responsible for Plumbing products and wants to focus on products that are not ready to be published.
She clicks Filter on the Products page, and enters Plumbing into the Template Name. She also selects Incomplete as the Status to see products that are unfinished. She saves this filter set as a collection to reuse later. She clicks Create Collection and names it Incomplete Plumbing Products.
When Carrie wants to review her list of collections or edit the titles and descriptions, she clicks Collections. She can also pin the collection to her dashboard collection widget and to the collection section on the product list.
Filter the product list
- Go to Products, and click Filter.
- Use the selection options to enter specific words or select options from a list.
- Continue to add additional filters in each column as necessary.
Save a collection
- Use the filtering process above to sort your products into a view you will use frequently.
- Click Create Collection.
- Add a collection name and description.
- Click the Pin icon to pin the collection to your dashboard and Product List page.
- Select whether the collection is Private or Global. Global collections can be seen by everyone at your organization, while Private collections are visible only to you.
- Click Save.
View, edit and pin collections
- Click Collections.
- Hover over a collection and click the pencil to edit.
- Change the title, description and the private or global settings.
- Click Save.
Click the Pin icon on the Collections page.
Delete a collection by hovering over the collection name and clicking Delete.