Marketo is a Marketing Automation software that lets users focus on account-based marketing, including email, mobile, social, digital ads, web management, and analytics.
This topic describes how to set up a Marketo account in the Content Marketing Platform (CMP).
- In Marketo, select Admin > Users and Roles.
- Select Roles > New Role and enter the following:
- Role name – Enter API Role.
- Description – Enter a description.
- Permissions – Select Access API.
- Select Roles > Users.
- Click Invite New User.
- API Role – Enable.
- API Only – Enable.
- Click Invite.
- Go to LaunchPoint.
- Click Installed services.
- Select New > New Service.
- In API Only User, select the email address for the API user you created and click Save.
To complete the setup process and add a Marketo account, you need your Client Id, Client Secret, and Base URL in Marketo.
- To acquire Client ID and Client Secret, click View Details.
- To retrieve the Base URL, go to Web Services and copy the value of the Endpoint. The value of the Base URL is the value of the Endpoint without the /rest part.
- In Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP), select your avatar > Marketo.
- Click Connect Marketo Account and enter the Client Id, Client Secret, and Base URL.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Connect Marketo Account. Your connected Marketo account displays under the Marketo section of the Settings page. (To delete an account, click Delete (icon).)