Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service operated by Microsoft as part of its web version of Microsoft Office. OneDrive saves documents, photos, and other files in the cloud, shares them with peers, and even collaborates on content. The Microsoft OneDrive connector lets you import and export assets between their OneDrive folders.
Architecture and authentication
The OneDrive connector lets you authenticate with Microsoft via OAuth, to let you browse and select files, to import to the Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP) or export from CMP to their OneDrive folders. Connect your account to OneDrive folders. The processes between the platforms are shown in the following image.
Permissions granted to the integration for each user is as follows:
- Email – View user's email address
- Files.ReadWrite – Have full access to user files
- offline_access – Maintain access to data you have given access to
- profile – View user's basic profile
- User.Read – Sign in and read user profile
Connect Microsoft OneDrive
To integrate with Microsoft OneDrive, connect your OneDrive account.
- Select your avatar > your name (account settings).
- Select the Misc. tab.
- Click Connect.
- Authenticate your OneDrive account. OneDrive becomes connected and the option to use the connector displays in the library and tasks.
Some organizations need to place this connection to your account on an allow list . If so, your Microsoft administrator is notified. Follow up with them to let you complete setup.
Import assets from OneDrive
To import assets into a task:
- In a task, select Add Content > Upload from OneDrive. The Upload Content dialog box displays.
- Authenticate your OneDrive account. A file explorer displays your OneDrive files.
- Locate the files you want and click Select. The files are uploaded to your task.
To import assets into the library:
- In the Library, click Upload. A dialog box appears.
- Click OneDrive.
- Locate the files you want and click Select. The files are uploaded to your library.
Export assets to OneDrive
In a task, in Detail or Grid views, select the options menu (...) > Export to OneDrive.
You can export a batch of files by selecting each within the Grid view in the Content tab of the task. Select the assets then select the options menu (...) > Export to OneDrive.