Features are released for general availability (GA) to Cutting Edge customers with stringent performance and SLA criteria, and with in-app tutorials and documentation. During the Cutting Edge period of 1 to 6 weeks, customers can provide feedback that helps to shape the “final state” for Standard customer GA.
The Welcome for Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in lets you collaborate seamlessly with designers creating assets in Adobe apps.
Welcome users can send tasks directly to the creative team in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro, where the designers receive a notification of the new assignment with the necessary information (such as description, due date, and so on). From there, the two systems are synchronized (sharing updates, comments and edits) until the final asset is pushed to Welcome for final use and distribution.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Install the Welcome for Adobe Create Cloud plug-in
- Use the Welcome for Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in
Install the Welcome for Adobe Create Cloud plug-in
Your Adobe users need to exist as Welcome users with collaborator permissions or higher to fully use the integration with Welcome.
Enabling the integration creates a number of example items that let you use the integration from the start. Creative Cloud Asset Request workflow and an external system of Adobe Creative Cloud are automatically created for you.
To install the Welcome for Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in:
- For Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro, go to the Adobe Exchange (CEP)
- For Photoshop, go to the Adobe Exchange (UXP).
After a user logs in with Welcome from the plug-in, the integration is configured.
The following example workflow lets you request creative assets from your Adobe users.
- Create or select a task and select the workflow Creative Cloud Asset Request.
- Add Brief – Supply information and tagging to your task.
- Create Assets – This step is sent to your creative team, letting them update statuses and upload assets that they create.
- Review Assets – Review the assets that have been uploaded. You can send the task back to the Create Assets step from here, to send feedback.
Use the Welcome for Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in
After you install the Welcome for Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in, go to Window > Extensions of Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Log in to your Welcome account.
You need a role of collaborator or better to authenticate your account.
The following screen shows the current creative requests and has My Tasks and Unassigned sections. When you assign yourself to a task, it appears in My Tasks.
- You can interact with tasks from the following screen.
- The description provides an overview of the request.
- Click See Task Brief to go to the full brief within Welcome.
- Click Assign to Me to assign yourself to the task.
- Alter the status to In progress when you begin the work.
Raise requests to Adobe users
The following workflow shows how to cover the use of creative work.
- Create a task with the Creative Cloud Asset Request workflow.
- After adding your brief and tagging, edit the Create Assets step description and add your instruction for the Creative Cloud user. This will be the first detail they see. Your request is processed to Creative cloud for a user to pick up the work.
Review creative assets
After the Creative Cloud user adds assets to your task and marks the step complete, you are notified and can access the proofing and editing screen.
- Proofread the asset and add any feedback.
- Send your step back to the Creative Cloud user.
- Repeat this process until the assets are complete.
Click New Asset to upload assets from your file system to Welcome.
After you upload your assets, you can change the status to Complete, which removes the task from your task list.
Review feedback and upload new drafts
If the reviewer sends you feedback on the task, it displays in your task list again with a status of Changes requested.
To review feedback and respond to comments, Hover over the asset and click Preview, which displays a proofing screen in Welcome to annotate over the asset, with the associated feedback.
After you deal with the feedback, you can upload a new asset from your active window by hovering over the thumbnail and clicking New Draft. You can now change the task status to Complete.
Add creative requests to your existing workflows
You can add creative request steps for Creative Cloud users to your existing workflow with the following steps.
- Edit your workflows and find the part where you want to send a request for a creative to build some assets.
- Click Add external step and select Adobe Creative Cloud as the external system. This is the communication step, so you should add a description for your users to make them aware that they need to edit the description within your tasks to give instruction to Adobe users.
- You should insert a standard step immediately after this to review and send back feedback to your creative team.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.