A template constructs an overall layout that you can reuse to create campaigns or task briefs. A template provides structure around incoming work requests to improve productivity and efficiency.
Create a template
- Go to your avatar > Templates. The Templates view displays.
- Click Create Template. The Templates form displays.
- Fill in the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- Select the Work Request, Campaign Brief, or Task Brief check boxes to designate the form type. Users can select Active templates when completing these actions:
- Toggle the template Active or Inactive. Active form templates are selectable in their corresponding form selection specified above. You can keep records of old templates by toggling them Inactive.
- Click Add Field and select the existing fields you need for the template. Alternatively, you can click Create New. When creating a new field, you can enter Helper Text to guide users. You can add the same field multiple times in different sections.
You cannot add the same field more than once in a section.
Click Add Text to enter additional information that displays when the user fills out the form.
Click Preview to see how the form displays and functions. If you click Submit Request in preview mode, it only demonstrates how the request submits; it does not actually submit the request.
- Click Save Template. You can now view or edit the template on the Templates > Form tab.
View and edit form templates
- Click ... to edit, delete, or duplicate existing work request templates. Admins and users with access to edit work requests can click Copy URL to share them.
- Click filter to view form templates based on where they are used or their status.
Create sections of the form
You can make sections for your customized form.
- Click Add Section.
- Enter the section title.
You can drag and drop fields and section titles into any order you want. Hover over a field and a grab icon displays. A delete icon also displays if you want to delete a field from the form. You can also move an entire section above or below another area in the form if you click the arrows next to the section title.
Create a custom field
- Click Add Field, then click Create New. The Create a New Field window displays.
- Search for and select the type you want from the Field type dropdown. Enter the details for the field type you select.
- Click Create.
Create smart forms using Add Logic
Add Logic applies only for cases where the fields have multiple-choice answers, and the logic can be set according to that.
- Click Add Logic to configure multiple logics. If the customized field is a survey or inquiry with multiple answer options, you can add logic to that specific field.
- For If value function, select from three options and enter a value:
- equal to
- not equal to
- any of
- If the user enters a value that matches the logic you select, then the action selected for the then function executes. For example, if the value of the Regions field is East region, then jump to the APAC section.
- You can select from two options and enter a value:
- Show values > Field – Select the field you want to display if the logic matches.
Jump to – Select which part of the form the user jumps to if the logic matches:
- Section – Select a form section from the drop-down list.
- End of Form
- Field – Select a field from the drop-down list.
- Click Done. The field displays the logic.