This article addresses the impending migration of Google's core reporting API from v2.3 to v2.4 & v3.0, and its impact on Ektron's Google analytics feature. It applies only to Ektron versions 8.02 and 8.5.
Google recently announced the migration of core reporting API from v2.3 to v2.4 & v3.0. Migration update information is available at this link: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/articles/gdata-migration-guide#appendix_a.
This change impacts your Google Analytics reporting if you are using Ektron release 8.5 or 8.02. If you have version 8.6, no change is needed.
Important! This change does not interfere with Google's collection of analytics data. It only affects your ability to view that data within Ektron's Workarea. So, after you install the Service Pack, data collected between July 10 and the upgrade date will be available.
- Google is migrating its core reporting API from v2.3 to v2.4 & v3.0.
- Install the service pack that corresponds to your release for versions 8.02 and 8.. SP downloads are available for versions 8.02 and 8.5 from the downloads page.
- Open this Google Analytics help page: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/articles/gdata-migration-guide.
- Under "Create a Project in the Google APIs Console," follow steps 1 through 4. On the API Access screen, under Simple API Access, click the Create new Browser key button. Copy the new browser key. You will use this for your API key in Step 6.
- Open your Web site's siteroot/web.config file.
- Find the following tag: (add name="Google" type="Ektron.Cms.Analytics.Providers.GoogleAnalyticsProvider, Ektron.Cms.BusinessObjects" Username=" " Password=" " ProfileId="" SiteURL=" " UserAccount=" " Endpoint="https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v2.4/" ApiKey=""CacheInterval="0" GoogleAnalyticsTrackingCodePath="Analytics\template\googletrackingcode.ascx" )
- Paste the browser key you created in Step 3 into the API Key attribute and save.