The Klaviyo Collect integration syncs the following customer data from Klaviyo to Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) Lite:
- Customer data – Customers on the selected lists who have subscribed or unsubscribed since being on Klaviyo, plus any customer who has had activity in the last 90 days.
Subscription data – Subscription status is set as follows:
- List Subscribe – If the customer is subscribed to one or more synced lists, that sends a subscribe event to ODP Lite and they show on an ODP Lite list.
- List Unsubscribe – If the customer has unsubscribed from one or more synced lists, that sends an unsubscribe event to ODP Lite and they show as unsubscribed from the ODP Lite list.
- Global unsubscribe – If the customer has unsubscribed from all marketing messages, their Marketing Consent status is Opted-Out in ODP Lite. Otherwise, it is Unknown (implied consent).
- Hard bounce – If the customer has a hard bounce during an email campaign, that sets their Reachability status to Unreachable - Hard Bounce in ODP Lite.
- Email Activity Data – The last 90 days of activity, including sends, opens, clicks, and bounces.
After the initial import, data synchronizes hourly.
Retrieve API keys from Klaviyo
- In Klaviyo, go to Settings > Account > API Keys.
- In the Private API Keys section, click Create Private API Key.
- Enter the Private API Key Name. For example, ODP Lite.
- Select Full Access Key.
- Click Create. Make note of the new Private API Key.
Enable the integration in ODP
- In ODP, go to the App Directory.
- Select the Klaviyo Collect app.
- Click Install App.
- On the Settings tab, enter the Private API Key from step 5 of Retrieve API keys from Klaviyo.
- Click Authorize.
- In the Collection Configuration section, configure the metrics and lists to sync to ODP Lite. It is recommended to sync all metrics and lists to ODP Lite to generate the most insights and observations.
- (Optional) Toggle the Include historical data for initial import option On. Highly recommended.
- Click Save then click Start Initial Import. It may take several hours before all data is available.
After the initial import is complete, your data continues to sync hourly from Klaviyo to ODP Lite.