Product-based filters allow you to refine and control the information that your customers see in your content, such as not including alternative product references when focusing on a specific brand or category.
Create a product filter
Follow these steps to create a product-based filter and select Products for the Feed option to restrict the selectable fields when configuring the filter.
Product-based filters become available for use in the dynamic grid configuration options for your email touchpoints.
Apply the filter to a dynamic grid
To apply the filter, go to the dynamic grid, click Add a Filter, and choose your product-based filter.
Example of usage
You are the owner of a specialty golf shop and have received new Titleist stock.
You want to send an email announcing the new stock to your "Titleist" customers.
- Target the right audience – As a specialty shop that prides itself on knowing what your customers are looking for, you want to avoid sending an email to everyone. Instead, you create a customer segment that only consists of individuals interested in the Titleist brand. For example, the segment could look at the last brand that a customer viewed or purchased. You decide to create a segment based on the last viewed brand.
- Create a Titleist product filter – With the audience selected, you want to ensure that the email only includes references to your Titleist stock. You decide to create a product filter based on the brand.
- Apply the filter – With the Titleist product filter created, you apply it to your email touchpoint and combine it with Optimizely Recommendations to ensure that customers see products based on past preferences.
- Preview or test the filter results – Now that you have applied the filter to the dynamic product grid, you want to see an example of the results. You can preview the personalization in the editor.
- Click Preview.
- Choose to enter the email address or customer ID of a specific individual from the campaign's reachable audience to preview their version.
- Click Preview.
You can also preview the personalization in your inbox.
- Click Test.
- Enter the desired recipient(s) of the test email in the Recipient Email Address field. You must separate multiple addresses by commas.
- Click Render template with customer (optional) and search for the email address or name of someone in the campaign's reachable audience. Leave the field blank to preview the email as an unspecified customer.
- Click Send.