Product-based filters let you refine and control the information that your customers see in your content, such as not including an alternative product reference when focusing on a specific brand or category.
Create a product filter
Create a product-based filter and then select Products for the Feed option to restrict the selectable fields when you configure the filter.
Product-based filters become available for use in the dynamic grid configuration options for your email touchpoints.
Apply the filter to a dynamic grid
To apply the filter, go to the dynamic grid, click Add a Filter, and choose your product-based filter.
Example: send email using a filter
If you were the owner of a specialty golf shop and receive new Titleist stock, the following examples shows how to send an email announcing the new stock to your Titleist customers.
- Target the right audience – As a specialty shop that prides itself on knowing what your customers are looking for, you want to avoid sending an email to everyone and instead create a customer segment that only consists of individuals interested in the Titleist brand. The segment could look at the last brand that a customer viewed or purchased. You create a segment based on the last viewed brand.
- Create a Titleist product filter – With the audience selected, ensure that the email only includes references to your Titleist stock by creating a product filter based on the brand.
- Apply the filter – With the audience and Titleist product filters created, you apply them to your email touchpoint and combine it with Optimizely Recommendations to ensure that customers see products based on past preferences.
- Preview or test the filter results – You can preview the personalization in the editor.
- Click Preview.
- Choose to enter the email address or customer ID of a specific individual from the campaign's reachable audience to preview their version.
- Click Preview.
You can also preview the personalization in your inbox.
- Click Test.
- Enter the desired recipient(s) of the test email in the Recipient Email Address field. You must separate multiple addresses by commas.
- Click Render template with customer (optional) and search for the email address or name of someone in the campaign's reachable audience. Leave the field blank to preview the email as an unspecified customer.
- Click Send.