Optimizely Configured Commerce provides a variety of information about Orders and Invoices. The website provides access to both Order and Invoice information, while the Admin Console only provides access to Order information. Configured Commerce does not manage invoicing and therefore displays only what the customer's ERP system provides to our database, which is then displayed to the user.
Configure displayed columns for Order History and Invoice History
Spire CMS allows you to select which columns to show or hide in both the Order History and Invoice History tables on the website. The following columns are available for each table. Each of these columns can be shown or hidden, with one exception for each table: Order # is always shown in in the Order History table, and Invoice # is always shown in the Invoice History table.
|Order History||Invoice History|
|Order # (always shown)||Invoice # (always shown)|
|Ship To/Pick Up||Ship To/Pick Up|
To configure displayed columns for either table:
Log into the Admin Console.
Click on Content Editor (CMS).
Select which website to edit, if necessary.
Click the Edit button (shaped like a pencil) in the upper right corner of the screen.
Navigate to the desired page: Order History or Invoice History.
For easiest navigation, first log in as a website user.
- Add or edit the needed widget.
- For Order History, the widget in the Add Widget menu is labeled Search Results Table under Order History Elements. Once added, the widget appears as OrderHistoryTable when hovering the mouse pointer over it.
- For Invoice History, the widget in the Add Widget menu is labeled Search Results Table under Invoice History Elements. Once added, the widget appears as InvoiceHistoryTable when hovering the mouse pointer over it.
- In the Edit menu for the widget, make sure that each column to display has a check mark next to it and that each column to hide is unchecked. (The example below is for the Order History widget.)
- Click Save.
- Click Publish in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the Publish Page window, click Publish.
- Open the website and navigate to the published page to verify that the columns display as configured.
View history information via the website
On the website, the Order History and Invoice History pages provide information on previous orders and invoices, respectively.
Select Order # of the order to view the Order Details page, which displays additional information, such as the shipping method, order notes, and order lines. The Shipping Method field displays the shipping description if it exists. In the case where it does not exist, the ship code will be displayed instead.
By default, the table will sort using the following order:
- Order History: First by Date (newest first) and then by Order Number (highest number first)
- Invoice History: First by Date (newest first) and then by Invoice Number (highest number first)
The Order History Details and the Invoice History Details pages provide the following information and options:
- View the details of an order or invoice
- Print order or invoice details (website only)
- Email the order or invoice details (website only)
- Cancel an order
- Reorder all items (website only)
The option to cancel or reorder from order history involves updating specific settings and the configuration of an integration job. Refer to the setup article for configuration instructions: Setting up Order Cancel and Reorder
Search for specific orders
Searching for a specific order can be done using the Order History filter options. Click on the Filter icon on the right side of the Order History page. This allows the user to filter results based on the Product, PO #, Order #, Date Range, Ship To Address, Status, Order Total (greater than, less than, equal to), and/or Amount.
View history information via the Admin Console
Order History and Cart History data is also available via the Admin Console. Cart History includes all Cart or "unsubmitted order" records (these are found in the customerorder table) and Order History includes all information related to the Order: shipping, billing and payment information, order lines, and so on.
- Log into the Admin Console.
- Go to Cart History in one of two ways:
- Using the Dashboard: Under the Orders card, select the Order History or Cart History link
- Using the Primary Navigation: Click Sales > Order History or Cart History.
- For Order History records, select the View Only and for Cart History records, click Edit.
- The corresponding detail page provides a full summary of the order. Clicking Information next to the Order Number at the top of the page, also provides the created by, created on, modified by, modified on, and ID information.
Print the order or invoice details
Printing the order or invoice history details can only be done on the website.
- Log in to the website.
- Under the user menu in the upper right corner of the screen, select either Order History or Invoice History.
- Select the Order/Invoice number to view the Order/Invoice Details page.
- Select Print which opens a PDF of the Order or Invoice details in another browser tab with the option to print or download the file.
Email the order or invoice details
Emailing the order or invoice history details can only be done on the website.
- Log in to the website.
- Select the My Account menu and select either Order History or Invoice History.
- Select the Order/Invoice date or Order/Invoice number to view the Order/Invoice Details page.
- Click Email.
- Enter the email address of the person to receive the Order/Invoice in the Email To field.
- Enter an Email From address.
- If desired, enter a subject and message.
- Click Send.