Optimizely Configured Commerce lets you manage the search engine optimization (SEO) of your website, including managing the indexing of site pages, choosing which pages to show in the search engine, and choosing which pages to hide. This helps you to manage and implement your business strategy more effectively.
Manage SEO settings
In the Admin Console, you can manage SEO settings on the Websites page and the Administration > Settings > Site Configurations page:
- Websites page – Edit the desired website and click SEO. Lets you select specific pages to make visible to search engines.
- Administration > Settings > Site Configurations page – You can configure the SEO settings as global defaults or select a specific website. Does not list specific pages to display to search crawlers; only lets you include or exclude all product pages from search crawlers.
You can select which pages to display for search crawlers or deliver to the search engine with a sitemap. There are also additional SEO settings you can adjust, such as hiding all product pages from a search crawler, using canonical links for product pages in the sitemap, enabling product structured data for the product details page, and more.
When you update an SEO setting in one location (like the Websites page), it reflects in the other location (the Site Configurations page).
Upon sitemap creation, Optimizely immediately makes sitemap available to search engines such as Google and Bing via robots.txt and we provide IndexNow API Key setting to make available via IndexNow API (leveraged by Bing)
Adjust sitemap in CMS
You can add or remove website pages from the sitemap within Configured Commerce's Content Management System (CMS) using the in-context editing field.
Selecting or deselecting the page in the CMS also affects the associated setting in the Admin Console.
- Click View Website in the Admin Console.
- Toggle the Content Editor on and select the desired website.
- Select the page you want to edit.
- Click Hide from Search Engine to remove this page from the sitemap.
- Click Save to finalize page edits.