You can set image renditions (based on size, crop and format) to automatically generate variations of images that are uploaded to the library. Image renditions provide access to images for your most common use cases, and eliminates time consuming manual edits.
When you view an asset in the Library, you can view linked related assets.
Set image renditions
- Go to your avatar > Asset Management.
- Click Add. The Add Rendition dialog box displays.
- To keep the original image size, disable Resize/Crop. Enable Resize/Crop to convert file formats and select the resample filter to be used.
- Select your specifications and click Save. The Library view displays renditions on your new and existing assets. You can also view image renditions from the asset picker in a task.
Keep aspect ratio
You can keep the aspect ratio of the image based on the number of pixels you specify, as shown in the following examples.
Width 1000 pixels
This is how Keep aspect ratio works with Width 1000:
This is how Keep aspect ratio works with Height 1000:
Resize & Crop
You can set both width and height to resize the image and crop it.
This is how Resize & Crop works with Width 1080 and Height 1080:
Automatic smart focal point
Enable Smart Focal Point to use artificial intelligence (AI) to automatically detect the subject of an image. This option centers the crop around what it detects as being the important part of the image. All crops not using Smart Focal Point are generated using the center of the image instead.
Manual smart focal point
You can specify where you want the focal point to be in an image.
- From the asset's option menu (...) select Adjust Focal Point.
- Move the focal point (purple circle) to the preferred position and click Save.
When you choose a focal point, all crop renditions use the new focal point.
- Select the asset in the library and open Related Assets to view the image rendition.
The 700px X 700px image renditions shows the focal point in the center.
Resize to fit
You can set the container height and width to keep image aspect ratio of original image by adding white padding to fill the container size.
This is how Resize to Fit works with Width 1080 and Height 1080
You can automatically convert image files to a specified format. Conversion options include:
- Keep original – Retains the original files format.
- JPG – You can also set a quality level to help you reduce the file size of the resulting image. (You should specify 80% or above.)
You can also choose which resampling filter you'd like to use for your resulting image. You should accept the default, but you can select the following filters:
These settings combine to create one pre-set.
Click an asset in the library and open Related Assets to view variations of your image.
You can do the following with an image rendition:
- Click Download (icon) to download it to your desktop.
- Open a preview and click Create Task from the image.
- Select an image rendition from the Asset Picker from a task or from Optimizely Content Management System (CMS 12).