Create Campaigns to manage discounts when deploying targeted marketing efforts. You can assign a campaign to a specific market, to serve local needs or to all markets. You can also limit a campaign to members of selected visitor groups.
When setting up a campaign, you define its essential information, such as active date range, target market, eligible visitor groups and discounts.
Go to Commerce > Marketing. The Campaign view displays each campaign's status and discounts. You can create or edit existing campaigns and discounts.
The Campaign view sorts campaigns by status (identifiable by color), described below.
- Active (green) – Active box is checked, Available from date is in the past, and Expires on date is in the future.
- Scheduled (orange) – Active box is checked, but Available from date is in the future.
- Expired (red) – Active box is checked, but Expires on date is in the past.
- Inactive (gray) – Active box is unchecked.
Each discount has an icon that illustrates the discount type. The cart icon indicates an order discount, the vehicle icon indicates a shipping discount, and the box icon indicates an item discount.
The Campaign view also displays numbers for each campaign and discount.
- Each campaign shows the number of orders that include discounts. If an order has multiple discounts that belong to different campaigns, that order increases each campaign's total.
- Each discount displays the total numbers of order including it and the number of redemptions. For example, if a discount provides 20% off all sweatshirts, an order containing three sweatshirts counts as one redemption, and three orders including at least one sweatshirt counts as three discounts.
These numbers are not updated in real time. They are only updated when the Collect orders per promotion statistics scheduled job runs.
Canceled orders do not appear on Campaign View.
Use the left panel to filter information by selecting a campaign status, discount types and/or the market. The appropriate campaigns and discounts display according to your selections. You can also search to find campaigns or discounts. The search only examines campaign and discount titles.
- Go to Commerce > Marketing.
- Select Create + > Campaign.
- Assign a name to the campaign.
- Complete its fields using the following information, then click Save.
Field Description Name The campaign name appears. Edit if desired. The name appears on the Campaign view and on dialogs that let users select campaigns. Description Enter a description of the campaign for internal reference. Scheduling and Status Available from Select the date and time when the campaign is available.
The time refers to local time on the Optimizely server and does not account for customers in other time zones. For example, you set a campaign to expire at 11:00 PM in Sweden, the campaign expires at 2:00 PM for a customer in California.
Expires on Select the date and time when the campaign is no longer available. Active Select the box to make the campaign active, or clear it to make it inactive. Market and Revenue Target markets
Select one or more target markets.
Effects of choosing markets
- If you choose one or more markets, only customers in those markets are eligible to receive this campaign's discounts.
- If you create a discount for this campaign that involves an amount reduction, the list of currencies is determined by the active currencies for countries in the selected markets.
Specify a revenue goal for the campaign to be considered successful.
Enter a tracking code for campaign analytics. This field must be specifically implemented for your site.
This tracking code is only a data property. For example, you can use a Google Analytics tracking code, then save the code for your campaign to map the data later. Optimizely Commerce does not use the tracking code for any internal functionality.
By default, the code is not stored with the order after checkout. But you can get promotions from
IOrderForm.Promotions, then get their campaigns and tracking codes.
Select visitor groups to limit this campaign and its discounts. See also: Commerce-specific visitor group criteria.
If more than two visitor groups are selected, hover over the ellipsis to see them all.
Discounts See Discounts
Manage campaigns and discounts
Click on a campaign to edit it or use More Options. You can also add a discount or delete the campaign.
Click on a discount to edit it or use More Options. You can also copy, cut or delete.
Deleting a campaign cannot be undone, and all discounts created for the campaign are also deleted.