Exclusions are campaigns or discounts that cannot be combined with the current discount. You can apply an exclusion to individual discounts, all discounts in one more campaigns, or all other discounts.
For example, you run a sale with 20% off automotive supplies. Customers should not be able to combine this discount with the Get cheapest item free discount.
Follow these steps to exclude a discount:
- Go to Marketing > Discount Priorities and Exclusions.
- Click the Add icon beside Cannot be combined with... on the discount.
- Select campaigns or discounts that cannot be combined with the discount. In the above example, you would select the Get cheapest item free discount.
- Click OK then Save.
Additional notes about exclusions
- You can apply an unlimited number of exclusions to a discount.
- If you select a campaign, you exclude all of its discounts, both current and future.
- After you select an exclusion, it appears in the Cannot combine with field for reference and possible removal.
- Cannot combine with displays campaigns first, followed by discounts.
- If you select All (the campaign root folder), only that tag appears in the Cannot combine with field. Similarly, if you exclude a discount then later exclude its parent campaign, the discount's tag is removed from Cannot combine with because the parent campaign includes the child discount.
- If you exclude more than two items, click Add or hover over the ellipsis to view all exclusions.