Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) allows you to create automated SMS campaigns that are triggered by keywords in text messages your customers send you. You can use keyword-triggered SMS campaigns to automate your responses (like support requests) or to allow your customers to opt-in to lists, such as for hobbies, interests and concerns.
This guide shows how to set up a keyword-triggered campaign that responds with a link to your support page when your customers text you "support."
Create filter for incoming SMS keyword
Step 1: Create new filter
Create a new filter for incoming text messages that contain the word "support."
- Click the three-dot icon next to Activation.
- Select Filters > Create New Filter.
Step 2: Configure filter
- Name your filter SMS Engagement - Support.
- Select Account for Visibility.
- Select Events for Feed.
- Set up your filter definition as follows:
- Event Type = sms
- Event Action = engage
Campaign Event Value ≈ support
- Make sure to use matches as the operator, instead of equal, to avoid issues with capitalization.
- Save your filter.
Create confirmation message
Create a new behavioral campaign that sends the reply to your customers' text messages.
Step 1: Set up New Campaign
- Create a new behavioral campaign.
- Click Create From Scratch.
- Under Enrollment, select Customers that trigger an event.
- Select your newly created SMS Engagement - Support filter.
Step 2: Create your SMS
- Add SMS as your first touchpoint.
- Compose your SMS and add a link to your support page.
Step 3: Launch your SMS campaign
Once your SMS is ready, go live with your campaign. Whenever your customers text you "support," your automated campaign will send them a reply with a link to your support page.