After you authenticate your Marketo account, you can publish Content Marketing Platform (CMP) content directly to Marketo.
Set up a Marketo template
Content publishes to Marketo as a snippet. You can make a Marketo newsletter from a single or multiple snippets. To set up a template, create a dynamic and reusable block of code that powers the snippets. The dynamic sections that automatically insert your article's content are the Image, Headline, Blurb, and CTA.
After integrating your account in the Marketo account settings, you have the following configuration sections.
- UTM Parameters – Set up parameters on a campaign level
- Snippets – Setup snippet template code
To set up a snippet template:
- Click Create Blank Template. A new form with a blank template field displays.
- Enter a name to your snippet.
- Enter information about the template tags.
- Click Save. Your template displays under the Marketo settings page.
- After you create a template, include the mktEditable class to the table tag when you copy and paste your existing HTML code into the template field in CMP. The table tag will look similar to this:
Make templates dynamic
If you already have the headline, image, blurb, and CTA hardcoded, you can swap them out for variables.
Highlight the Headline copy, then click the $(headline) link on the right side; that will replace the headline with the variable. Repeat the same procedure for the blurb, image URL, and click through URL.
Publishing to Marketo from the CMP
- Go to the publishing tab in the CMP task page, open Add channel to search for your Marketo sharing options.
The Marketo fields display.
- Folder – Your snippets are organized into folders. By default, everything is sent to the main folder. You can create a new folder in the CMP.
- Template – Select the template to use.
- Headline – Set your headline, edit the blurb, insert/edit the click-through URL and edit/update the image if you need to customize it for the newsletter.
- Click Schedule to determine when to publish the post. The preview of the post displays at the bottom of the Marketo widget.
- Click Complete to publish the post.
Once published, this post displays as a snippet in your Marketo newsletter. After you created a new email in Marketo, you can right-click and select Replace with Snippet, and pick out the snippet that you just published from CMP.