The timeline calendar view lets you plan long-term activity with a Gantt chart view to maintain a single, long-term, and comprehensive view of all marketing campaigns, events, and supporting content activity. You also have a holistic view of the current state of tasks and events, letting users see where they should be focusing their efforts.
Select Plan > Timeline to access the timeline calendar.
View campaigns, sub-campaigns, tasks and events
The default view shows a listing of the campaigns and any related sub-campaigns, tasks or events that fall within the current quarter. Open or close campaigns and sub-campaigns by clicking the arrow to the left of the campaign. You can also expand all or collapse all with the top arrow carrot to the left of the Title column.
A red dot represents Overdue.
Click Show Campaign Hierarchy to display the hierarchy and the parent campaign, even when you apply search criteria, filters applied and more. Turn off Campaign Hierarchy to see a flat view of the timeline.
Customize your view
- Use the header date picker to adjust the dates and select the date range.
- You can also use the Date Range filter panel option to adjust the date range.
- Zoom in or out to update the display options showing day, week, month or quarter intervals.
- You can color the timeline calendar by campaign or single-select labels.
- Dates can shift in marketing, so you can drag and drop the bars to adjust the timeline. Forwards and backwards scheduling alerts may pop-up if task or step due dates are impacted by the shift.
- You can drag and drop rows if campaigns, tasks or events to re-order or place in another initiative.
Click Today to see where your activities line up to the current day to focus and align with relevant activities.
Review status and update plan
Hover over the campaign, task or event to see more details (title, campaign, steps, assigned user, and task state).
Save the timeline calendar to a CSV or PDF file
Open the option menu (...) and select Download as CSV or Download as PDF to export the calendar.