A campaign template captures repeatable processes, information, and settings associated with a campaign in your organization. You can convert any campaign to a template where you can define the elements that belong to the original campaign such as sub-campaigns, tasks, events, fields, contents, attachments, permissions and so on.
Using a template to create a campaign reduces repetitive work significantly. Some benefits are as follows:
- Saves time and effort when creating repeated campaigns.
- Maintains consistent information across campaigns that are similar in scope.
- Compare progress to similar campaigns by generating reports to find ways that your organization can work more efficiently.
- Define future campaign permissions, and add the following information on a template:
- Sub-campaign (with all of its permissions and sub-elements)
- Tasks (with all of its permissions and elements including workflows, assignees, due dates, etc.)
- Events (with all of its elements)
- Short description
- Preserve the dates assigned within the campaign and its elements, and convert them into durations. You have control to forward or backward schedule a campaign and its activities.
- Create a campaign template
- Create a campaign from a template
- Deactivate a campaign template
- Delete a campaign template
Create a campaign template
You create a campaign template by saving a new or existing campaign as a template.
- Go to any campaign.
- Select the options menu (...) located at the top right of your campaign details page.
- Click Save as Campaign Template.
- Enter a name for the template and click Save.
Note: Only users with permission to Manage Organization Configuration are able to create a campaign template. This permission is available to the Admin role by default. You can also assign this privilege to other roles from the Roles settings page. See Managing User Permissions & Custom Roles
Create a campaign from a template
- To create a campaign from a template, click + in the top toolbar and select Campaign.
- On the Create New Campaign view, go to the campaign template drop-down to select the template you would want to use in your new campaign.
You can preview the template directly before selecting a template to create a campaign.
This is how the template preview appears.
Once you have selected the template, all of its data will start appearing for you to review.
- You can select the campaign elements that you want to use from the template to start with.
Note: All sub-campaigns belonging to the template will be added to the new campaign by default.
- In the Create New Campaign view, you can forward or backward schedule your new campaign and its activities. This reflects on all tasks and their due dates according to the duration settings within the template.
The newly created campaign and its activities inherit permissions set on the template and its tasks are assigned to users accordingly.
Deactivate a campaign template
You can deactivate a campaign template which will remove it from the list of options to create a new campaign from within your instance.
- Go to the Template settings page.
- Click the Campaign tab.
- Select the options menu (...) and set the Active toggle switch off.
Delete a campaign template
To delete a template:
- Go to the Templates settings page.
- Click the Campaign tab.
- Select the options menu (...) and select Delete.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.