Asset versioning allows you to create and track updates to files in the Library to maintain governance across the content your entire team is using. This section will inform you how to create new versions of your Library content — either published from an existing task or uploaded directly into the Library — to ensure all team members are using the most up-to-date assets.
Upload new version to library
When a new version of an asset is created outside of the Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP), users can upload a new version directly to the Library without creating a task. To upload a new version to the Library, follow the steps below:
- Click and asset to expand the detail view.
- Open the options menu (...) and select Versions & History.
- To upload a new version, click Add (+).
- Locate the new file version on your computer and upload it to save the new version. When you click Done, the new version displays. You can then click on the version you'd like to view.
If an asset in the Library has multiple versions, a badge indicates which version it is. You can click on this badge for a shortcut to the asset version view.
Update an existing asset from a task
When collaborating on and creating a new asset version within CMP, users can choose to create a new version of an asset using a task (and associated workflow). To create a new asset version using a task, you may choose one of the following:
- Click an asset to expand the detail view.
- Click Create Task to begin work on the new asset.
- On the Content tab of your task, click Add Content and select Library from the menu.
- Select the assets you want and click Choose.
The assets display in the Content tab of the task.
If the asset is changed while working on the task, when you push the asset to Library, you can choose one of the following options:
Push an asset to the library from a task
To push an asset to the library from a task, follow these steps:
- Go the Content tab and click on the grid view.
- Open the option menu on an asset and select Save to Library, which saves the asset as a new version in the library. Deselect Save to Library to associate the asset with the task only.
View history of an asset
In an asset version view, you can also view the history of asset changes to understand who made what changes, when, and why. To view an asset's history, click on the History tab.
Comment and annotation an asset
Within the asset version view, you can also leave feedback for your team about the asset version you are previewing. Comments and annotations are specific to a version.
- Comment – Enter feedback about the image.
- Annotation – Click a spot on the image and a number displays to draw attention to something for which you add your feedback.
- Select Show Resolved to see comments that were resolved by clicking the check mark in the comment or annotation. Deselect to hide comments.
- Select Show Annotations to see annotation that were resolved by clicking the check mark in the comment or annotation. Deselect to hide annotations.
- Click Resolved (check mark) to resolve a comment or annotation. You can click Re-Open to bring the comment or annotation back.
Download asset versions
- To download an asset version, click Download (icon) at the top right of the image.
- To download all asset versions at once, open the options menu (...) and select Download all Versions.
Delete an asset version
- To delete an asset version, click Delete (icon) at the top right of the image.
The version numbers do not change after a deletion. If there are three versions and you delete the second, the third version is still labeled the V3. This ensures accurate lineage and extension to feeds and API delivery.