Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) provides powerful web content management capabilities, available through an intuitive user interface, letting experienced and occasional users work efficiently with content.
When your Optimizely system and related services are set up, you will receive the permission keys and credentials needed to access the user interface. The set up depends on what parts of the Optimizely platform you have in your implementation, such as Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) or Optimizely Customized Commerce, Optimizely Campaign, Optimizely Search & Navigation, and the products in the Optimizely Personalization suite.
As an editor or administrator, you usually log in to your website using a specified URL, a login button, or a link. Enter your username and password in the Optimizely login dialog box, and click Log In.
After logging in, what you are allowed to do depends on your implementation and access rights, because these control the options you see. The Optimizely quick access menu displays in the upper right corner when logged in.
Selecting CMS Edit takes you to the edit view and other system parts.
To access the Optimizely CMS edit view, select CMS Edit in the Optimizely quick access menu.
What do you want to do?
- Manage website content – Optimizely Content Management System (CMS)
Create and edit web pages, add links and images, and work with content blocks and web forms. Manage content approvals and publishing.
- Manage products, discounts, and orders – Optimizely Customized Commerce
Enrich product information with text and images, create discounts for sales campaigns, manage markets, and work with orders.
- Manage products, discounts, and orders – Optimizely Configured Commerce
Enrich product information targeted towards B2B customers with text and images, create discounts for sales campaigns, manage markets, and work with orders.
- Manage catalog and product data – Optimizely Performance Information Management (PIM)
Set up catalog and product data requirements and manage the data acquisition and curation process.
- Create automated omnichannel campaigns – Optimizely Campaign
Manage recipient lists, create mailings, and set up automated campaigns for pushing marketing messages in multiple channels. See the section.
- Optimize site search – Optimizely Search & Navigation
Analyze search terms, add search optimization based on visitor actions, and create "best bets" to promote selected website content.
- Manage visitor profile data and segments – Optimizely Visitor Intelligence
Analyze profile data based on website tracking information, and create segments and target groups for personalized marketing messaging.
- Manage personalized content recommendations – Optimizely Content Recommendations
Display targeted articles based on tracking of visitor behavior, and define content strategies for your website. Analysis of a unique profile lets you deliver the most relevant content to each visitor.
- Manage personalized product recommendations – Optimizely Product Recommendations
Create and configure a merchandising campaign, to display personalized recommendations from the product catalog, for display on multiple devices.
- Manage triggers and email recommendations – Optimizely Triggered Messages and Optimizely Email Recommendations
Create personalized email messages that are automatically triggered by visitor behavior, for example to act on abandoned shopping carts.
- Other features – Optimizely Apps
There are many integrations and extensions available for Optimizely, for example for A/B testing, Google Analytics, and marketing automation features.