Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) provides powerful web content management capabilities, available through an intuitive user interface, letting experienced and occasional users work efficiently with content.
The Optimizely Digital Experience Platform (DXP) contains many features to support you in your daily work. Depending on how your solution is set up, some features described in this documentation may not be available to you. Contact your system administrator to find out more.
When your Optimizely system and related services are set up, you will receive the permission keys and credentials needed to access the user interface. The setup depends on what parts of the Optimizely platform you have in your implementation, such as Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) or Optimizely Customized Commerce, Optimizely Campaign, Optimizely Search & Navigation, and the products in the Optimizely Personalization suite.
Log in to access features
As an editor or administrator, you usually log in to your website using a specified URL, a login button or link. Enter your user name and password in the Optimizely login dialog box, and click Log In.
What you are allowed to do after logging in depends on your implementation and your access rights, since these control the options you see. When logged in, the Optimizely quick access menu appears in the upper right corner.
Selecting CMS Edit takes you to the edit view and other parts of the system.
To access the Optimizely CMS edit view, select CMS Edit in the Optimizely quick access menu.
Switching among products
What do you want to do?
- Manage website content – Optimizely Content Management System (CMS)
Create and edit web pages, add links and images, work with content blocks and web forms. Manage content approvals and publishing.
- Manage products, discounts, and orders – Optimizely Customized Commerce
Enrich product information with text and images, create discounts for sales campaigns, manage markets, and work with orders.
- Manage products, discounts, and orders – Optimizely Configured Commerce
Enrich product information targeted towards B2B customers with text and images, create discounts for sales campaigns, manage markets, and work with orders.
- Manage catalog and product data – Optimizely Performance Information Management (PIM)
Set up catalog and product data requirements and manage the data acquisition and curation process.
- Create automated omnichannel campaigns – Optimizely Campaign
Manage recipient lists, create mailings, and set up automated campaigns for pushing marketing messages in multiple channels. See the section.
- Optimize site search – Optimizely Search & Navigation
Analyze search terms, add search optimization based on visitor actions, and create "best bets" to promote selected website content.
- Manage visitor profile data and segments – Optimizely Visitor Intelligence
Analyze profile data based on website tracking information, and create segments and target groups to be used in personalized marketing messaging.
- Manage personalized content recommendations – Optimizely Content Recommendations (Personalization)
Display targeted articles based on tracking of visitor behavior, and define content strategies for your website. Analysis of a unique profile lets you deliver the most relevant content to each visitor.
- Manage personalized product recommendations – Optimizely Product Recommendations (Personalization)
Create and configure a merchandising campaign, to display personalized recommendations from the product catalog, for display on multiple devices.
- Manage triggers and email recommendations – Optimizely Triggered Messages and Optimizely Email Product Recommendations (Personalization)
Create personalized email messages that are automatically triggered by visitor behavior, for example to act on abandoned shopping carts.
- Other features – Optimizely Apps (Marketing Automation)
There are many integrations and extensions available for Optimizely, for example for A/B testing, Google Analytics, and marketing automation features.
- Creating pages and content blocks
- Adding images
- Linking content
- Content collaboration
- Managing content versions
- Content approvals
- Working with multi-language content
- Managing permissions
- Description of user interface
- Description of roles and tasks
- Create content with images, blocks, links, and forms
- Manage content (structure your website, and translate, preview, and compare content)
- Work with versions to publish, republish, and expire content
- Control the publishing process by using approvals and projects
- Work with admin tasks in the administration interface
- E-commerce tasks
- Optimizely Search & Navigation optimization