Producing the variety of content assets that campaigns depend on requires flexible workflows and powerful editors capable of handling all types of marketing content. Within each task, the content workspace allows users to upload, comment, and version any file format that supports task completion (e.g. images, videos, presentations, PDFs), making it easier to create, collaborate, and approve a wide variety of non-article content.
In this article, you will learn how to:
- Upload Assets to Your Content Workspace
- Preview Assets in Your Workspace
- Upload Asset Versions
- Annotate and Collaborate on Asset Versions
- Download or Delete Asset Versions
- Insert Images and Infographics from the Workspace into Your Document
- Upload and preview email HTML, TXT, and Image Files
Create/Upload Assets to Your Content Workspace
From the task detail page, you can create/upload assets to the content workspace by clicking on the +Add Content button under the Content tab, which will provide with the following options.
- Text Editor: This will allow you to create an article.
- Add URL: Allows you to add, or copy/paste URL from the site you want to add the content.
- Microsoft Word: Allows you to create a Word file with the content directly on the task.
- Microsoft Excel: Allows you to create spreadsheet directly on the task.
- Microsoft Powerpoint: Allows you to create presentation directly on the task.
- Marketplace: This will allow you to select a Licensed Content article from Marketplace
- Library: This will allow you to upload a single piece of content or a content bundle from your Library
- Published Articles: This will allow you to add existing published articles and republish them to social or Wordpress.
- Your Computer: This will allow you to upload file(s) from your desktop to your workspace
You can add more assets in the content workspace from the +Add Content button even after creating your article.
Preview Assets in Your Workspace
Once you have uploaded assets to your content workspace, you can preview them by clicking on the asset thumbnails
Upload Asset Versions
First, click on the Edit icon to preview the asset
You will notice a "Versions" column on the left side of your screen. Here you will be able to upload new versions of this asset, as well as preview versions of this asset previously uploaded within the asset preview in the task.
By clicking on "+" you will be prompted to upload a new version of the asset from your computer. You can also edit it if needed. You will see the edit button on the top right corner.
Select the new asset file version to upload from your computer and click "Close". Note that the most recent version uploaded will preview by default.
Annotate and Collaborate on Asset Versions
Within the asset file preview page, you have two options for leaving feedback for your team about the asset version you are previewing:
- In-line annotations for images and infographics
- File version comments on the right hand side of the preview page
Click anywhere on the image or infographic that you wish to leave feedback and a comment icon with a comment box will appear. You can @mention, reply, resolve and delete comments similar to other comment threads in CMP.
Once an annotation has been resolved, you will be able to show or hide the resolved annotation using the checkbox above the image, below the file title. Along the right-hand side of the file preview page, you will see a comments section similar to the task details page or other comments modules in CMP. Comments within this section will be specific to the version being previewed.
Edit and Delete Asset Versions
In the upper righthand corner of the asset file preview page, there is an "Edit" button that enables you to edit the asset file version you are currently previewing. Next to the "Edit" button, if you click on the "..." button you will have two options to delete either the current file version or all versions of the asset file.
Insert Images and Infographics from the Workspace into Your Article
From within the text editor, select the "Welcome Image Search" icon from within the text editor menu, and then select "This Task" from the dropdown options.
Select the image from the workspace you want to insert within the text editor.
Upload and preview email HTML, TXT, and Image Files
Previously, users had to download HTML and TXT files for accurate previews of these types of files and associated styling. Now, users can now upload zip files to tasks, extract the zipped files, preview, and even edit HTML and TXT files with embedded images in Welcome to help streamline the editing and approval process and offer a seamless workflow.
The users can do this by going into the Content tab and clicking on "Upload". After selecting the desired zip file that they want to upload, the user has to click "Done" to proceed to the next steps.
When a zip file is uploaded, the user will be presented with an "Extract" button, which will extract the zip file unveiling the zipped HTML, txt and image files inside, which can later be edited inside the text editor.
NOTE: Often, zip files contain folders to organize the files contained in the zip. Please note that as the files are extracted to the Content Workspace, the contents of the folders will be extracted, but the folders themselves will not be extracted.
The notification message will then pop up saying '"Files successfully extracted"
From the uploaded unzipped files, click on "Edit content" on your desired HTML file. You will be taken into the text editor where you can make necessary changes and hit Done. The same applies to .txt files.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.